Ion exchangers fibrous PANION® are chemically active filtering materials and fibers used for:
- Air purification from toxic gases (substances of basic nature: ammonia, amines; substances of acid nature: HCl, HF, HNO3, NXOY, SO2; hard-to-absorb substances: CO, formaldehyde, hydrogen sulfide etc.).
- Water purification from each ions, for example: ions of iron, heavy metals (cuprum, arsenic, lead, cadmium, nickel), ions of hardness, nitrates and many other impurities.
- Human protective means for respiratory organs and skin from contact with chemically aggressive substances.
Ion exchange fibers are in its nature spatially-seamed fibrous structures with functional groups of acid and (or) base nature, which have chemical properties of granular ion exchangers and at the same time have a number of indisputable advantages.
Advantages of ion exchange materials and fibers PANION®
- High rate of ion exchange and sorption processes (10-100 times higher than that by granular ion ex-changers);
- High efficiency of air and water purification at low concentrations of impurities (97 – 100%);
- Effective application in thin filtering layers at high velocity of gas or liquid flow;
- Low resistance of a filtering layer to air or liquid at sorption process;
- High mechanical strength, stability in multiple cycles of sorption – regeneration.
IMT-Filter Company has also produced analogues of many commonly known granular ion-exchange resins.
PANION® has a unique fibrous structure, which makes it possible to get a wide variety of textile forms: staple, non-woven needle-punched fabric, cloth, thread, short-cut fiber etc.
PANION® is used as disposable or regenerable filtering material. It is the key component of automatically working filtering plants for air purification – filters FIF, CF, FIF-CF.
PANION® is the name of a family of new materials being in the stage of extensive devel-opment. Properties and possible applications of many of these materials have not been studying. We are inviting the researches and potential users to cooperate in developing of the materials and tech-nologies with the specific properties.
Ion exchangers fibrous are unique high-tech product developed on base of funfdamental researches of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus